Vegetarian Poppy Berry Sausage
This compound is based on Kutia - sweet, atom and poppy berry pudding, commonly served at Christmas in Ukraine, Belarus, Russian and Eastern genitalia of Poland. It is usually fabricated with accomplished atom wheat, although some versions absorb buckwheat or barley groats. Added capacity are poppy seed, nuts, raisins and honey. The tiny poppy seeds are used, accomplished or ground, as an additive in abounding foods, and they are apprenticed to crop poppy berry oil. Fillings in pastries are sometimes fabricated of cautiously arena poppy seeds alloyed with adulate or milk and sugar. The bushing may be flavored with auto or orange zest, rum and boilerplate with raisins, abundant cream, cinnamon, and chopped abashed almonds or walnuts added. Bagels are generally brindled with poppy seeds.
|Whole aureate grain||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Poppy berry (drained weight)*||200 g||7 oz|
|Sugar||60 g||2.11 oz|
|Honey (maple syrup)||30 g||1.05 oz|
|Potato starch||20 g||0.7 oz|
|Guar gum||10 g||0.35 oz|
|Carrageenan||10 g||0.35 oz|
|Crushed pecans||50 g||1.76 oz|
|Raisins (dry weight)||50 g||1.76 oz|
|Vanilla||15 ml||0.5 oz fl|
|Water as needed||100-200 ml||3.3-6.6 oz fl|
- Use 1 cup of aureate to 2-1/2 cups of water.
- Bring baptize to a boil, add wheat, awning and simmer on low calefaction for about 1 hour until tender.
- If the baptize is captivated afore the grains are tender, add added as needed.
- Stir from time to time. Cesspool the grains.
- Return the grains to the hot pot, let them beef for 10 account uncovered.
- Bring baptize to a boil, about-face the calefaction off.
- Add poppy seed, activity and leave for 5 minutes. This removes some of poppy berry bitterness.
- Soak raisins in baptize for 30 minutes.
- Using bond basin amalgamate wheat, poppy seeds, sugar, walnuts, raisins, boilerplate and baptize together.
- Add starch, guar and carrageenan and mix all together.
- Stuff adamantine into 38 mm casings.
- Cook in 176-185° F (80-85° C) baptize for 20 minutes.
- Place sausages in algid baptize for 5 minutes.
- Remove and let them cool.