Chicken Hot Dog
|chicken meat (no skin)||450 g||0.99 lb.|
|oil emulsion*||200 g||0.44 lb.|
|cold water||110 g||110 ml|
|textured vegetable protein (TVP)||50 g||0.11 lb.|
|water (for TVP)||150 g||0.33 lb.|
|potato starch||40 g||3 Tbsp.|
|non-fat dry milk||20 g||2 Tbsp.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|salt||10 g||2-½ tsp.|
|white pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|cure #1||1.0 g||1/4 tsp.|
|nutmeg, ground||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
|garlic, smashed||3.5 g||1 clove|
|sodium erythorbate**||0.1 g||use scale|
|phosphate**||2.0 g||½ tsp.|
|carrageenan||5.0 g||1 tsp.|
- Soak TVP in algid baptize for 30 minutes.
- Grind craven meat through a baby bowl (1/8”, 3 mm).
- In a aliment processor chop algid water, arena meat, salt, phosphate, cure #1, and sodium erythorbate. Add potato starch, non-fat dry milk, and chop. Add spices and fat chrism and chop/emulsify aggregate together.
- Stuff into 22-26 mm sheep casings.
- Hold at allowance temperature for 30 minutes.
- Smoke at 65° C (150° F) for 30-40 minutes.
- Cook sausage in baptize at 176° F (80° C), about 15-20 minutes.
- Cold battery or air-conditioned in algid water. Abundance in refrigerator.
* oil emulsion: soy protein isolate/oil/water at 1:4:5. (How to Accomplish Oil Emulsion)
** Sodium erythorbate and phosphate are not actually necessary, although recommended.
The sausage will be of a ablaze color, but a aliment appearance may be added.
174 calories per 100 g (3.5 oz) serving.