Sheep Dry Sausage
Mutton or lamb sausage accepted in Russia as Баранья колбаса. Aboriginal sheep sausages were fabricated with sheep appendage fat not alone in Russia, but in other countries as well, for archetype Turkish "sojouk."
|Lean beef||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Sheep meat with affiliation tissue||750 g||1.65 lb|
|Sheep appendage fat or added sheep fat diced into 3/16” (4 mm) cubes||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||30 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #1||5 g||1 tsp|
|Sugar||2 g||1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper||1 g||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic||1 g||1/2 clove|
- Curing meat. Cut meat into 1 inch (25 mm) pieces. Abode beef, sheep meat and sheep fat in abstracted aliment brand containers. Mix sheep fat with 3 g (1/2 tsp) salt. Mix sheep meat with 24 g (4 tsp) salt, 3/4 Cure #1 and ½ sugar. Mix beef with 3 g (1/2 tsp) salt, ¼ cure #1 and ½ sugar. Backpack deeply to annihilate air and awning with apple-pie cloth. Abode for 72 hours in refrigerator. Abandon any aqueous alkali and abide meat to grinding.
- Grind beef through 1/8" (2 mm) plate. Bullwork sheep meat with 1/8” (2 mm) plate. Dice fat into 3/16” (4 mm) cubes.
- Mix beef with salt, cure, amoroso and spices. Add pork and mix. Add bacon strips and remix aggregate together. Don’t add any water.
- Stuff sausages durably into 40-55 mm beef middles or coarse casings.
- Hang sausages for 5-7 canicule at 2-4 C.
- Using dry wood, smoke sausages for 2-3 canicule with algid smoke, 18-22 C.
- Dry sausages for 5-7 canicule (depending on sausage diameter) at 11-15 C, 80-84 humidity. Dry 20-23 canicule added at 10-12 C, 74-78% humidity.
Finished sausage should absorb 60% of its aboriginal weight.
Russians acclimated an able adjustment for appropriate amid sausage types by lacing sausages beyond with a boner twine: