Salami de Arles
There are no spices in this compound and the acidity of this bologna depends absolutely on the affection of raw abstracts and adequate accomplishment practices. Accomplish abiding that beef is able-bodied trimmed, after sinews, gristles or fat. The aforementioned applies to approved pork trimmings, some fat is adequate but no sinews and poor affection trimmings.
|pork trimmings (butt)||400 g||0.88 lb.|
|beef (chuck)||300 g||0.66 lb.|
|lean pork (butt, ham)||300 g||0.66 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||28 g||5 tsp.|
|Cure #2||2.5 g||½ tsp.|
|dextrose (glucose), 0.2%||2.0 g||½ tsp.|
|sugar, 0.2%||2.0 g||½ tsp.|
|T-SPX culture||0.12 g||use scale|
- Grind pork and aback fat through ⅜ - ½” (10-12 mm) plate. Bullwork beef with ⅜” (10 mm), refreeze and bullwork afresh with ⅛” (3 mm) plate.
- Mix all capacity with meat
- Stuff durably into 60-70 mm beef middles or protein lined coarse casings. Accomplish 12” continued links.
- Ferment at 20º C (68º F) for 72 hours, 90-85% humidity.
- Dry at 16-12º C (60-54º F), 85-80% clamminess for 2-3 months. The sausage is broiled until about 30-35% in weight is lost.
- Store sausages at 10-15º C (50-59º F), 75% humidity.
If cast is adapted aerosol with M-EK-4 cast ability afterwards stuffing.