Russian Sausage (Cold Smoked)
Russian Sausage (Cold Smoked). This is the aboriginal algid smoked adaptation of the Russian sausage.
|lean pork||500 g||1.10 lb.|
|pork aback fat||300 g||0.66 lb.|
|beef||200 g||0.44 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||28 g||4½ tsp.|
|Cure #2||5.0 g||1 tsp.|
|pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|sugar||2.0 g||⅓ tsp.|
|cardamom||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|allspice||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|Madeira wine or brandy||60 ml||¼ cup|
- Cut meat and fat into 5-6 cm (2”) pieces, mix with salt, amoroso and Cure # 1 and abode in a air-conditioned breadth for 4 - 5 days.
- Grind beef with 3/8” (10 mm) plate. Manually cut aback fat into ¼” (6 mm) cubes.
- Mix all capacity with meat abacus wine. Mix until all wine is captivated by the mixture. Again add diced fat and mix aggregate together.
- Stuff into dry beef middles or constructed coarse casings 40-60 mm and anatomy 12” (30 cm) continued links.
- Hang for 2 canicule in a air-conditioned place.
- Cold smoke for 6 days.
- Dry for 25 - 30 canicule in a cool, dry and aerial area.