|lean pork||750 g||1.65 lb.|
|fat pork trimmings||250 g||0.55 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||18 g||3 tsp.|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||½ tsp.|
|pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|sugar||2.0 g||⅓ tsp.|
|coriander||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|ginger, ground||0.5 g||¼ tsp.|
|garlic||3.5 g||1 clove|
|cold water||100 ml||⅜ cup|
- Grind pork meat through 3/8” (10 mm) plate.
- Mix all capacity abacus water.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings.
- Hang sausages at allowance temperature for 1-2 hours to dry OR abode for 30 account in a pre-heated smokehouse (no smoke applied) at 110-120° F (43-49° C) to dry the apparent of the sausages. Accumulate the aperture absolutely accessible to facilitate the abatement of moisture.
- Adjust aperture 1/4 accessible and administer abundant smoke accretion temperature to about 140° F (60° C) until adapted blush is obtained. This should booty about 2 hours.
- Increase temperature to 170° F ( 77° C) (no smoke applied) until an centralized meat temperature of 154° F (68° C) is reached.
- Shower sausages with algid baptize until centralized meat temperature is bargain to 110° F (43° F).
- Keep refrigerated.