White Pudding with Oatmeal
White pudding is a sausage accepted in Ireland, Scotland and some genitalia of England. It consists of beef suet, oatmeal, and leeks or onions. If claret was added, the sausage could be alleged atramentous pudding which is a claret sausage. In abounding cases it is not blimp into casings acceptable a breakfast bowl which is served with bacon, absurd eggs and generally with atramentous pudding.
|Beef suet||400 g||0.88 lbs.|
|Oatmeal||600 g||1.32 lbs.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|salt||20 g||3½ tsp.|
|white pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|cold water||100 ml||0.4 cup|
|½ onion, chopped||30 g||2 Tbsp.|
|OR leeks, cautiously chopped||60 g||½ leek|
- Soak animate cut oats in milk overnight.
- Cut blubber into 1/4“ (6 mm) pieces or bullwork through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Drain the oats, add an egg and all added ingredients. Mix well.
- Stuff into 26-32 mm hog casings.
- Simmer in hot baptize 80-85° C (170-185° F) for 30 minutes.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Cook afore serving. Serve by frying.
White pudding sausage is generally fabricated with pork trimmings or bacon.
Cloves and billy are generally added.
In the accomplished a acceptable white pudding was fabricated with chopped dates, currents and Spanish saffron.