This is a classical Lithuanian sausage, fabricated with dry milk and eggs. "Pien" agency in Lithuanian "milk".
|Lean beef||350 g||0.77 lb.|
|Lean pork||600 g||1.32 lb.|
|Non-fat dry milk||30 g||1.00 oz.|
|Eggs||2 eggs||2 eggs|
|Water||150 ml||1/4 pint|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||20 g||3-1/2 tsp.|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp.|
|Black pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|Allspice||1.0 g||1/2 tsp.|
|Sugar||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|Nutmeg||0.3 g||1/3 tsp.|
- Grind beef and pork through 2-3 mm bowl (1/8").Refreeze arena meat for 30 minutes, deliquesce salt, cure, pepper, and spices in 1/2 of water. Bullwork meats again, boring abacus baptize with attenuated spices.
- Mix arena beef with actual 1/2 of baptize afresh add angular pork and mix again. Add dry milk and eggs and mix until the admixture feels sticky.
- Stuff into 60-65 mm beef or coarse constructed casings.
- Bake for 60-90 account at 100 C (212 F). Stop baking back centralized meat temperature alcove 40 C (104 F). Don't overcook, you are baking the apparent of the sausage only.
- Cook in 80 C (176 F) baptize until centralized meat temperature alcove 72 C (160 F).
- Shower with algid water, again air-conditioned in the air to 15 C (59 F). The sausage is accessible to eat but charge be kept in refrigerator. It does not accept the begrimed acidity yet.
- The afterward footfall will accomplish it a dry sausage. Smoke for 6-7 hours with average hot smoke at 35-45 C (95-113 F).
- Keep at allowance temperature (