Neva Dry Sausage
Russian dry sausage accepted in Russia as Колбаса невская. The Neva river flows through the additional better Russian city, Saint Petersburg on the Baltic sea.
|Lean beef||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Lean pork||550 g||1.21 g|
|Pork aback fat||350 g||0.77 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||30 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #1||5 g||1 tsp|
|Sugar||2 g||1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper||1 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cinnamon||1 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cognac||2.5 ml||1 tsp|
- Curing meat. Cut meat into 1 inch (25 mm) pieces. Abode beef, pork and pork aback fat in abstracted aliment brand containers. Mix pork aback fat with 12 g (2 tsp) salt. Mix beef and pork meat with 18 g salt, Cure #1 and amoroso according to the compound (estimate amounts). Backpack deeply to annihilate air and awning with apple-pie cloth. Abode for 72 hours in refrigerator. Abandon any aqueous alkali and abide meat to grinding.
- Grind beef through 1/8” (2 mm) plate. Bullwork pork through 1/8” (2 mm) plate. Dice aback fat into ¼" (6 mm) cubes.
- Mix beef with salt, cure, amoroso and spices. Add pork, wine and mix. Add fat cubes and remix aggregate together. Don’t add any water.
- Stuff sausages durably into 45 mm beef circuit or hog casings. Links in arena shape, from 3-6” (8-15 cm) central diameter.
- Hang sausages for 5-7 canicule at 2-4 C, 85-90% humidity.
- Using dry wood, smoke sausages for 2 canicule with algid smoke, 18-22 C.
- Dry sausages for 5 canicule (depending on sausage diameter) at 11-15 C, 80-84 humidity. Dry 20 canicule added at 10-12 C, 74-78% humidity.
Finished sausage should absorb 60% of its aboriginal weight.