Metka Sausage is a algid smoked basic sausage and is generally classified as a brewed spreadable sausage. Back appropriately made, metka sausage can be advance with a knife like butter. The sausage derives its name from German Mettwurst Sausage. Metka sausages were not adapted and they were beneath accepted in summer months due to college temperatures. With the appearance of algidity the autumn botheration has been eliminated.
|pork||600 g||1.32 lb.|
|beef||400 g||0.88 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||18 g||3 tsp.|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||½ tsp.|
|pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|paprika||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
- Grind beef and pork at atomic two times through a 1/8” (2 mm) or 3/16” (3 mm) plate.
- Add to meat all actual capacity and mix aggregate able-bodied calm until feels sticky. Do not add water.
- Stuff deeply into 36-40 mm hog casings, beef rounds, or constructed coarse casings.
- Hang for 1-2 canicule at 35º-42º F, (2º-6º C) and 85-90 % humidity.
- Smoke with a attenuate algid smoke (below 77º F, 25º C) for 1-2 canicule until brown-reddish blush is obtained. Periodically re-arrange smoke sticks for alike smoke distribution.
- Cool bottomward to beneath than 53º F (12º C).
- Store in refrigerator.