Low Fat Chinese Sausage
Chinese sausage is a dried, adamantine sausage usually fabricated from blubbery pork. Capacity like monosodium glutamate, soy booze and amoroso are added to the sausages in actual aerial levels. The accession of called Chinese rice wines or alike scotch or sherry are accepted for assertive affection products. The best accepted aroma is biscuit back Chinese manufacturers accept that it acts as a preservative.
|lean pork||700 g||1.54 lbs.|
|oil emulsion*||150 g||0.33 lbs.|
|potato starch||20 g||3 Tbsp|
|sugar||50 g||4 Tbsp|
|rice wine||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
|cold water||50 ml||3 Tbsp|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|soy sauce||30 g||1/8 cup|
|Cure #1||2.0 g||1/3 tsp.|
|monosodium glutamate||3.0 g||1/2 tsp.|
|cinnamon||1.0 g||1/2 tsp.|
|pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|garlic||3.5 g||1 clove|
- Grind pork through the 3/8" (10 mm) plate.
- Mix arena meat with all ingredients.
- Stuff into 22-26 mm sheep casings and accomplish 5" - 6" continued links.
- When sausages feel dry to touch, administer hot smoke 50 - 60 C (120 - 140 F) for 30 minutes.
- Cook in smokehouse or in baptize to 160 F (72 C) centralized meat temperature.
- Shower with or asperse in algid baptize for 5 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator.
*oil emulsion: soy protein isolate/oil/water at 1:4:5.
187 calories per 100 g serving