Longaniza is a Spanish sausage basic in Spain and there are altered varieties of longaniza depending whether it's fabricated in Cataluna, Aragon, Navarra, Andalucia or added Spanish regions. The sausage is additionally fabricated in Argentina, Chile and in Caribbean. This leads to altered recipes and for archetype in Dominican Republic it is flavored with abstract of the orange or lemon.
|fat pork||1000 g||2.20 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||28 g||5 tsp.|
|Cure #2||2.5 g||½ tsp.|
|dextrose (glucose), 0.3%||3.0 g||½ tsp.|
|pimenton paprika, sweet||4.0 g||2 tsp.|
|pimenton paprika, hot||4.0 g||2 tsp.|
|garlic||3.5 g||1 clove|
|oregano||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|T-SPX culture||0.12 g||use scale|
- Grind pork with 1/8" plate.
- Mix all capacity with meat.
- Stuff durably into 40-45 mm beef middles or protein lined coarse casings.
- Ferment at 20º C (68º F) for 72 hours, 90-85% humidity.
- Dry at 16-12º C (60-54º F), 85-80% clamminess for about 2 months. The sausage is broiled until about 30-35% in weight is lost.
- Store sausages at 10-15º C (50-59º F), 75% humidity.
If sausage is fabricated after amateur ability (not recommended) apprehend about authoritative commonly brewed sausages in Brewed Sausages.