Leberstreichwurst (Liver Sausage)
Leberstreichwurst is an Austrian spreadable alarmist sausage. It was already accepted in Vienna in 1820-1830 as mentioned by Friedrich Schlögl in his 1981 commodity “Die Saison der Wurst”-The Division of the Sausage. Katharina Prato writes in her 1869 cookbook: “Süddeutsche Küche’-Southern German Cuisine about alarmist and claret sausage. Leberstreichwurst was clearly congenital into 1912 Austrian “Österreichischen Lebensmittelcodex” (Austrian federal basis of foods). There are 3 variants of Austrian spreadable alarmist sausage, anniversary accepting altered agreement of meats with alarmist accounting from 15 to 30%.
|Pork liver||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Lean pork||250 g||0.55 lb|
|Pork abdomen bark included, fat trimmings||450 g||0.99 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||16 g||2.5 tsp|
|Cure #1||1.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Marjoram||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cinnamon||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Onions||30 g||1 oz|
- Dice onions cautiously and fry in fat on low calefaction until burnished and golden.
- Boil meats and fat (except liver) in baptize blockage beneath the baking point.
- Drain and cool. Bullwork meats, fat and onions through 8 mm (3/8”) plate.
- Grind afresh through 3 mm (1/8”) plate. (The action of cutting meats and alarmist through 3 mm (1/8”) bowl can be performed in aliment processor).
- Grind the raw alarmist through 3 mm (1/8”) plate.
- Mix meats, fat, alarmist and all capacity together.
- Stuff into 36-40 mm accustomed or constructed casings.
- Cook in baptize at 80° C (176° F) for 45 minutes.
- Immerse in algid baptize for 5-10 minutes.
- Cool in air. At this stage, the sausages blimp in accustomed casings were generally algid smoked (18° C/64° F) for 2-4 hours until they developed the gold-brown color.