Sahneleberwurst (Liver Sausage with Cream)
|Pork liver||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Pork belly, jowls, fat trimmings||600 g||1.32 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cardamom||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger||0.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Onion, chopped||40 g||1/2 onion|
|Cream||60 ml||2 oz fl|
- Cook pork fats (except liver) in baptize at 80° C (176° F) until semi-soft. Cesspool and cool. Bullwork through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Slice the alarmist into discs and bake for 2 account with hot water. Cesspool and cool. Bullwork through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Fry chopped onion in drip until ablaze yellow, but not brown.
- Mix fat, liver, chrism and all capacity together.
- Stuff into 40 mm hog casings.
- Cook in baptize at 80° C (176° F) for 40 minutes. Asperse for 10 account in algid water. Drain, dry briefly and refrigerate.