Berliner Leberwurst (Berliner Alarmist Sausage)
Nearly anytime arena in Germany has its own adaptation of alarmist sausages with hardly altered ingredients. This alarmist sausage is accepted in Berlin.
|Pork liver||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork belly||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Lean pork||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Pork jowls||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Fat trimmings||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||15 g||2.5 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cardamom||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Onion||60 g||2.1 oz|
- Chop the onions cautiously and fry in fat until golden.
- Grind pork belly, jowls, fat and onions through 5 mm (1/4") plate.
- Cut alarmist into slices and absorb for 5 account in hot baptize (not boiling).
- Grind the alarmist through 3 mm (1/8") plate. Bullwork afresh or emulsify the alarmist in aliment processor.
- Mix all meats and capacity together.
- Stuff into 50 mm pork or beef middles.
- Boil at 80º C (176º F) for 65 minutes.
- Immerse in algid baptize for 5-10 minutes.
- Place/hang in air to clear moisture.