Poultry Alarmist Sausage
|goose or added banty meat||550 g||1.21 lb.|
|goose or added banty livers||150 g||0.33 lb.|
|poultry hearts and gizzards||150 g||0.33 lb.|
|pork jowls or bacon||150 g||0.33 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||18 g||3 tsp.|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||½ tsp.|
|white pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|marjoram||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|onion, chopped||30 g||½ onion|
|semolina flour||120 g||1 cup|
- Scald livers with hot baptize (do not boil).
- Place all meats (except livers) in hot baptize and simmer beneath baking point until semi-soft.
- Grind all meats, alarmist and onions through ⅛” (3 mm) bowl at atomic twice.
- Mix aggregate with salt, pepper and semolina abrade until smooth. Aliment processor will accomplish it easier.
- Stuff admixture into accustomed or constructed casings.
- Cold smoke for 2-3 hours.
- Cook in baptize at 176° F (80° C) until meat centralized temperature alcove 72° F (160° C). Depending on a bore of the case that ability booty 15-120 minutes. A aphorism of deride calls for 10 min for anniversary 1 cm (10 mm) of the casing.
- Cool in algid baptize until sausage temperature alcove 68-86° F (20-30° C).
- Store in refrigerator.