Kindziuk sausage is fabricated from pork and beef is smoked and dried, but not cooked. It may be advised a commonly brewed product. Kindziuk - accepted in Poland as Kindziuk and in Lithuania as Skilandis, is an about allegorical product, acclaimed for its continued befitting properties.
|lean pork||850 g||1.87 lb.|
|lean beef||150 g||0.33 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||33 g||6 ½ tsp.|
|Cure #2||2.5 g g||½ tsp.|
|sugar||1.0 g||¼ tsp.|
|pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|herbal pepper*||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
|garlic||3.5 g||1 clove|
- Cut meat into 2” pieces. Rub in salt, Cure # 2 and amoroso and leave on a awning for 3-4 canicule at 3-4° C (37-40° F).
- Cut pork into 20-30 mm (¾-1¼”) by 10-15 mm (3/8-5/8”) pieces.
- Grind beef through 2-3 mm (1/8”) plate.
- Mix beef with all spices. Add pork and mix aggregate together.
- Stuff durably into pork stomach, bladder, 60 mm beef middles or 60 mm coarse casings. Reinforce with butcher’s twine: two loops lengthwise and loops beyond the casings every 2” (5 cm). Anatomy 10-12 cm (4-5”) blind bend on one end.
- Hang for 2 months at 2-4° C (35-40° F).
- Apply algid smoke 18-22° C (64-72° F) for 8 hours.
- Hang in a air-conditioned abode for 2 weeks.
- Apply algid smoke afresh at 18-22° C (64-72° F) for 8 hours.
- Dry for 2 months at 8° C (46° F) and 75% humidity. The sausage should lose about 35% of its aboriginal weight.
- Store in a dark, air-conditioned and dry place.
Meat should appear from complete animals. Abolish all sinews, glands and gristle.
Originally all capacity were blimp into the pork abdomen or bladder. The abdomen was sewn and the float was angry off with boner twine.
Traditional Kindziuk was smoked with alder wood.
Don’t abatement the bulk of salt. Alkali and nitrite are the aboriginal band of aegis adjoin accident and pathogenic bacteria. Again as the sausage dries out it becomes added microbiologically abiding every day.
* Herbal pepper is a aggregate of spices which is acclimated in abounding countries such as French Quatre-epices (pepper, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon) or Indian back-scratch crumb (turmeric, coriander, fenugreek, cumin and added spices). Italian condiment (marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory, sage, oregano and basil) is addition accepted aggregate of herbs. In East European countries such as Poland or Lithuania herbal pepper is commercially fabricated and accessible in supermarkets. A archetypal Brightness herbal pepper contains: white alacrity seed, caraway, marjoram, chili, hot and candied paprika and bay leaf. You can buy pre-mixed spices or use your acuteness for creating your own version. If you adjudge to go after herbal pepper, use 3 g (1½ tsp) of atramentous or white pepper.