Hurka is a able-bodied accepted Hungarian baptize adapted sausage fabricated originally from agency meats such as pork liver, lungs, arch meat, rice and onions. Claret is sometimes added.
|pork liver||250 g||0.55 lbs.|
|pork butt||600 g||1.32 lbs.|
|cooked rice||150 g||0.33 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|salt||12 g||2 tsp.|
|pepper||2.5 g||1 tsp.|
|garlic||3.5 g||1 clove|
|½ baby onion, chopped||30 g||2 Tbsp.|
|cold water||120 ml||½ cup|
- Boil all meats (except liver) for about 2 hours. Appropriate alarmist in hot baptize until no traces of claret are arresting (cut the alarmist to test).
- Grind meats through 3/16” bowl (5 mm). Bullwork alarmist through a 3/16" (3 mm) plate.
- Cook rice for about 15 minutes. Abode some bacon fat or drip on a frying pan and fry onions until ablaze brown.
- Mix aggregate together, abacus 125 ml (½ cup) water. You may acting some baptize with white wine.
- Stuff about into 36 mm hog or constructed casings.
- Cook for 40 account in baptize at 80º C (176º F).
Frozen Hurka sausage can be broiled at 180º C (350º F) for about 50 account (leave the lid on or awning with aluminum foil). Again bare the sausage and abide baking for 5 added account until brown. Beginning Hurka sausage can be pan absurd or grilled. Goes able-bodied with pickles.
Hurka was originally fabricated with 30% pork liver, 30% pork tongues and 10% pork aback fat, bacon or lard.