Greek sausage fabricated from lamb, pork fat and cheese.
|Lamb||700 g||1.54 lb.|
|Pork aback fat, jowl, blubbery pork trimmings||240 g||0.53 lb.|
|Goat or sheep cheese||60 g||0.13 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||15 g||2½ tsp.|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|Cayenne pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|Coriander||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|Thyme, dry leaf||2.0 g||1½ tsp.|
|Mint, dry leaf||2.0 g||1½ tsp.|
|Cornstarch||10 g||1 Tbsp.|
|Red wine||90 ml||3 oz fl.|
- Grind meat and fat through 3/8” bowl (8 mm).
- Cut cheese into little cubes.
- Mix cheese with all spices. Mix alkali with wine and again cascade over meat. Add cheese and spices and mix. Add cornstarch and mix aggregate together.
- Stuff into 32-36 mm hog casings basic 4” (10 cm) links.
- Keep in a refrigerator or benumb for after use.
- Cook afore use.