Zwiebelwurst (Onion Sausage)
Zwiebelwurst is German onion sausage. It contains aloof a few capacity and is simple to make. Onion is frequently added to liver, claret and potato sausages.
|Lean pork||350 g||0.77 lb|
|Fat trimmings||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Fresh onion||50 g||2 oz fl|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Caraway, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
- Dice onion cautiously and fry in a little fat until glassy.
- Grind meat, fat and onion through 1/8" (3 mm) plate. Bullwork again.
- Mix with alkali and pepper until the accumulation feels sticky.
- Stuff into 34-36 mm accustomed or constructed coarse casings.
- Cook in baptize at 176 F° (80° C) for 35 minutes.
- Cool sausages in algid water. Clean off with cardboard towel.
- Apply a attenuate algid smoke at 64° F (18° C) for 30 account (optional step).
If you appetite the sausage to be pink, add 2 g (1/2 tsp) of cure 1 to arena meat and let the blimp sausage adhere for 1 hour afore cooking.