Bratwurst with Egg and Milk (Bratwurst mit Ei und Milch)
Adding milk and auto bite creates a creamier and ambrosial adaptation of bratwurst. The name bratwurst comes from the old German chat “brät” (describing the finely-ground filling), and the aboriginal spelling was absolutely “Brätwurst”. Over the years, as the sausage became accepted worldwide, the dots aloft the letter ‘a’ accept disappeared.
|Semi-fat pork*||920 g||2.0 lb|
|Whole egg||70 g||1 egg|
|Milk||10 ml||1 Tbsp|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cardamom||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Lemon zest||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
- Grind meat through 1/4" (6 mm) grinder plate.
- Mix with all spices.
- Whisk egg with milk together. Mix aggregate together.
- Stuff in 26-28 mm hog or sheep casings. Accomplish links belief about 100 g (3.5 oz).
- Refrigerate and eat aural a day; baker absolutely afore serving.
- To extend its shelf activity the sausage may be adapted for 20 account at 176° F (80° C). Accumulate in refrigerator.