Fuet is a Spanish pork sausage, dry cured, like salami. Sausage is frequently begin in Cataluña, Spain. Clashing the Butifarra, addition in the ancestors of Catalan sausages, fuet is dry cured. The name fuet agency “whip” in the Catalan language.
|lean pork||700 g||1.54 lb.|
|back fat||300 g||0.66 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||28 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #2||2.5 g||½ tsp.|
|dextrose (glucose)||3.0 g||½ tsp.|
|pepper||3.0 g||1½ tsp.|
|paprika||4.0 g||2 tsp.|
|garlic powder||3.0 g||1 tsp.|
|T-SPX culture||0.12 g||use scale|
- Grind pork and aback fat through 3/16” bowl (5 mm).
- Mix all capacity with meat.
- Stuff durably into hog, beef middles or 38-50 protein lined coarse casings.
- Ferment at 20º C (68º F) for 72 hours, 90-85% humidity.
- Dry at 16-12º C (60-54º F), 85-80% clamminess for 1-2 months.
- Store sausages at 10-15º C (50-59º F),
Some fuets are covered with white mold, others not. M-EK-4 Bactoferm™ cast ability can be applied.
The sausage is broiled until about 30-35% in weight is lost.Bangers - fresh