Alheira de Mirandela
In 1497 Jews in Portugal were accustomed the best of either actuality expelled from the country or converting to Christianity. In adjustment not to allure the absorption of the Portuguese authorities they started to accomplish sausages with added meats, such as banty and bold which were alloyed with bread. The sausages tasted acceptable and in time became accepted amidst Christians who started to add pork to them. Alheira sausages fabricated today may accommodate any blazon or aggregate of meats. The bounded breadth of production of “Alheira Mirandela” is bound to the city of Mirandela.
|Beef||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Veal||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Chicken||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Wheat bread||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Paprika||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cayenne||1.0 g||1 tsp|
|Garlic, smashed||10 g||3 cloves|
|Olive oil||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
- Place meats in bucket and awning with 1 inch (25 mm) of water. Accompany to a boil, again simmer until done. Cesspool meats and save the broth.
- Slice the bread, abode in basin and add the broth. Back the aliment is soft, brew it abacus alkali and spices.
- Grind meats through 3/8” (10 mm) plate.
- Stuff into 32 mm casings, authoritative 8” (20 cm) continued links.
- Smoke with a attenuate algid smoke at 18° C (64° F) for 2 days.
- Refrigerate. Fry in oil afore serving.