Rookworst is a accepted Dutch smoked sausage fabricated of pork or pork and beef or dogie and smoked with beech wood. It can be smoked and air-conditioned (it charge be adapted afore serving) or it can be smoked and adapted authoritative it accessible to eat at any time. This is a smoked, raw adaptation of the sausage. A beginning Rookworst contains abundant alkali to become a dry bologna blazon sausage if accustomed abundant time to dry.
|Beef||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Pork jowls||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork belly||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||28 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Dextrose||3.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Sugar||2.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Ginger||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Coriander||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
- Grind beef with 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Grind jowls with 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Grind abdomen with 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Mix arena beef and jowls with alkali and cure #1 until sticky. Add abdomen and spices and mix again.
- Stuff into 32-34 mm hog casings.
- Apply a attenuate algid smoke at 18° C (64° F) for 2 days.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Cook afore serving.
Use beech or oak copse for smoking.