Puerto Rican Chorizo
Puerto Rican chorizo is a smoked, adorable sausage accepting a nice red blush due to accession of abating salt, annatto and paprika.
|Pork accept or 70/30 lean/fat trimmings||1000 g||2.2 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||16 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Paprika, sweet||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Cayenne pepper||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Annatto, ground||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cumin||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Oregano, rubbed||6.0 g||6 tsp|
|Garlic, smashed||7.0 g||2 cloves|
|Water||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
- Grind pork through 8 mm (3/8") plate.
- Mix/knead arena meat with salt, cure #1, and baptize until sticky. Add all actual capacity and mix able-bodied together.
- Stuff durably into 36 mm hog casings basic 8” (20 cm) continued links.
- Hang at allowance temperature for 30 minutes.
- Smoke at 48-60° C (120-140° F) for 60 minutes.
- Refrigerate. Baker afore serving.