The frankfurter is a cured, smoked and adapted sausage. It is a accessible to eat sausage or it may be boiled, absurd or broiled for serving. The frankfurter was invented 215 years ago in Vienna, Austria. Later, German immigrants brought the technology to the USA. The agreement frankfurter, wiener or hot dog are about changeable today. Back the appellation “beef frankfurter” is used, the sausage is fabricated of authentic beef only.
|Beef||600 g||1.32 lb.|
|Regular pork trimmings||200 g||0.44 lb.|
|Pork fat trimmings||200 g||0.44 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||½ tsp|
|Paprika||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Coriander||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|Cold water||150 ml||⅝ cup|
- Grind meats with 5 mm (1/4") plate. Accumulate angular meats alone from fat trimmings. Refreeze and bullwork through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Grind fat with 3 mm (1/8") plate
- Mix angular beef with all capacity abacus ⅓ (50 ml) of algid water. Add angular pork and ⅓ of algid baptize and mix well. Add fat trimmings and the aftermost ⅓ of baptize and mix aggregate able-bodied together.
- Stuff durably into 24-26 mm sheep casings. Anatomy 10-12 cm (4-5”) links.
- Hang at allowance temperature for one hour.
- When sausages feel dry administer hot smoke 60-70º C (140-158º F) for about 40 account until amber blush develops.
- Cook in water, at 75º C (167º F) for 15-20 account until centralized meat temperature alcove (68-70º C (154-158º F).
- Shower with algid baptize for 5 minutes. Air-conditioned in air and refrigerate.