After chorizo, salchichón is the additional best accepted dry sausage in Spain. The atramentous pepper is the arch aroma used, pimentón is not added to salchichones. Technically speaking, salchichón may be advised to be the Spanish agnate of Italian salami.
|Lean pork||800 g||1.76 lb|
|Back fat||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Back fat as appearance meat||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||25 g||4 tsp|
|Cure #2||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Dextrose||2.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Sugar||3.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper||3 g||1.5 tsp|
|Black pepper, whole||1.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Dry wine||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
- Grind meat through 6 mm (1/4") plate.
- Grind 100 g of fat through 6 mm (1/4") plate.
- Dice partially arctic 100 g of fat into 5-8 mm (1/4-3/8") cubes.
- Mix all capacity with wine, again cascade over the meat and fat and mix all together. Authority for 48 hours in refrigerator.
- Stuff into 60 - 90 mm pork bungs basic sections 30-40 cm (12-16") long.
- Ferment/dry at 20º C (68º F) for 48 hours, 90-85% humidity.
- Dry at 15-12º C (59-54º F), 85-75% clamminess for 2-3 months.
- Store sausages at 10-12º C (50-53º F),
Like with all dry sausages the T-SPX amateur ability accustomed at 0.12 g per 1 kg of meat can be alloyed with meat aloof afore stuffing. Mix ability with 2 Tablespoons of distilled baptize 30 account afore applying.