Chorizo Asturiano is produced in Asturias arena in north-west Spain area a ample cardinal of sausage types are produced. Asturian sausages are generally smoked.
|Lean pork||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Back fat and meat trimmings with absorbed fat||400 g||0.88 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||22 g||3.5 tsp|
|Cure #2||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Sugar||3.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pimentón, sweet||25 g||4 Tbsp|
|Pimentón, hot||3.0 g||1.5 tsp|
|Oregano, ground||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Garlic, minced||3.5 g||1 clove|
- Grind pork and fat through 8 mm (3/8”) plate.
- Mix all capacity with arena meat. Authority for 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Stuff into 32-34 mm pork casings basic 30 cm (12") loops OR into 50-60 mm pork bungs authoritative beeline sections.
- Ferment/dry at 25-30º C (77-86º F) 2-3 days, 80-85% humidity. Administer a attenuate algid smoke at
- Dry 32-34 mm sausages at 12-15º C (53-59º F), 70-75% clamminess for 14 canicule OR pork bungs for 2 months.
- Store sausages at 10-12º C (50-53º F), 65-70% humidity.
Consume algid or cooked.