Saucisson de Lacaune / Saucisse de Lacaune
Saucisson de Lacaune and Saucisse de Lacaune are dry sausages accustomed PGI (26.11.2015) European affidavit of origin. Lacaune is a collective in the Basin administration in southern France. The affidavit lists two names, however, it is the aforementioned sausage. The aberration is in the size: the bore of Saucisson sec Lacaune is beyond than the bore of Saucisse de Lacaune. Alternative of abstracts and spices as able-bodied as the accomplishment action is the aforementioned for both sausages, however, dehydration times will be altered due to aberration in size. Depending on a blazon of accustomed case it is blimp in, the sausage acquires altered forms and sizes: arced sausage: arced into a u-shape, belief amid 200 g and 500 g, beeline sausage, not curved, belief amid 200 g and 500 g, coiled sausage, it is presented in a alternation of loops of no specific cardinal or weight (around 2 kg).
Saucisson de Lacaune – 80% angular meat, aback fat.
Saucisse de Lacaune - 70% angular meat, aback fat, pork abdomen is additionally permitted.
Seasonings – salt, pepper, nutmeg, sugar. The accession of sodium nitrite or nitrate (saltpeter), crumbling cultures and abrade (for apparent coating) is allowed. Sausage slices affectation particles of meat and fat which are minced coarsely (minimum 8 mm, 3/8”).
|Pork, lean||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Back fat||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||28 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #2||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Dextrose||3.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Sugar||2.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|T-SPX culture||0.12 g||use scale|
- Cut with a knife or bullwork angular meat through 5/16” (8 mm) plate.
- Using a aciculate knife cut partially arctic aback fat into 5/16” (8 mm) cubes.
- Dilute ability in 1 tablespoon of de-chlorinated baptize about 30 account afore mixing.
- Mix arena angular meat with alkali and cure #2 until sticky.
- Add fat cubes, ability and spices and mix all together.
- Stuff durably into 36 mm hog casings.
- Ferment at 20º C (68º F) for 72 hours, 90-85% humidity.
- Dry at 16 → 12º C (60-54º F), 85 → 80% clamminess for 21 days. The sausage is broiled until about 30% in weight is lost. The sausage should advance a white cast which is accepted and desired.
- Store sausages at 10-15º C (50-59º F),