Saucisson sec au Beaufort
This is a French dry sausage fabricated with Beaufort cheese. Beaufort is a firm, raw cow’s milk cheese produced in Beaufort, which is amid in the Savoie arena of the French Alps.
|Pork, lean||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Pork aback fat||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Beaufort cheese||100 g||3.5 oz|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||28 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #2||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|White pepper||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Dextrose||3.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Sugar||3.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic||10 g||3 cloves|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|White wine||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|T-SPX culture||0.12 g||use scale|
- Grind angular meat through 1/4” (6 mm) particles.
- Using a aciculate knife cut partially absurd aback fat into 1/4 (6 mm) cubes.
- Cut cheese into 3/8” (10 mm) chunks.
- 30 account afore bond deliquesce the amateur ability in 1 tablespoon de-chlorinated water.
- Mix arena meats with alkali and cure #2 until sticky. Add spices, culture, wine and chopped fat and mix again.
- Stuff durably into 50 mm hog or beef casings authoritative 6” (15 cm) beeline links.
- Ferment at 20º C (68º F) for 72 hours, 90-85% humidity.
- Dry at 16 → 12º C (60-54º F), 85 → 80% clamminess for 45 days. The sausage is broiled until about 30% in weight is lost. The sausage should advance a white cast which is accepted and desired.
- Store sausages at 10-15º C (50-59º F),