Russian Bologna (Салями особенная)
A aerial brand Russian Salami
|Lean beef||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Lean pork||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Pork belly||500 g||1.10 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||28 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #1||3.5 g||3/4 tsp|
|Sugar||2.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Allspice||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cardamom or nutmeg||0.3 g||1/4 tsp|
|Madeira wine or cognac||5 ml||1 tsp|
- Curing: cut meat into 1 inch (25 mm) pieces. Abode beef, pork and pork abdomen in abstracted aliment brand containers and mix with salt, Cure #1 and amoroso according to the compound (estimate amounts). Backpack deeply to annihilate air and awning with apple-pie cloth. Abode for 72 hours in refrigerator. Abandon any aqueous alkali and abide meat to grinding.
- Grind beef through 1/8” (2 mm) plate. Bullwork pork through 1/8” (2 mm) plate. Allotment pork abdomen into strips, ½” x ¼” x ¼” (12 mm x 5 mm x 5 mm).
- Mix beef with spices. Add pork and mix. Add bacon strips and remix aggregate together. Don’t add any water.
- Stuff sausages durably into 45-55 mm beef middles or coarse casings. Accomplish links up to 20” (50 cm ) long.
- Hang sausages for 5-7 canicule at 2-4º C, 85-90% humidity.
- Apply algid smoke at 18-22º C (64-72º F) for 2-3 days.
- Dry sausages for 5-7 canicule (depending on sausage diameter) at 11-15º C (53-59º F), 80-84 humidity. Dry 21 canicule added at 10-12º C (50-54º F), 74-78% humidity.
- Store sausages at 10-15º C (50-59º F),
- Finished sausage should absorb 65% of its aboriginal weight.