Salam de Sibiu
Sibiu is a able-bodied accepted Romanian bologna with over a hundred years of tradition. The assembly breadth of the “Sibiu sausages” includes the area of the afterward authoritative regions: administration of Bacau, Brasov county, burghal Bucharest, Covasna County, administration of Calarasi, Ilfov County, Prahova and administration Sibiu.
Salam de Sibiu carries PGI, 2016 classification.
|Lean pork||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Back fat||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||30 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #2||5.0 g||1 tsp|
|Dextrose||2.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Sugar||2.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Garlic powder||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Red wine||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|T-SPX culture||0.12 g||use scale|
|Mold 600 (Penicillium nalgiovense)||follow instructions|
- Grind angular meat through 1/8-3/16” (3-4 mm) plate.
- Cut fat into 1/8-3/16” (3-4 mm) cubes or bullwork through 1/8-3/16” (3-4 mm) plate.
- 30 account afore bond deliquesce amateur ability in 1 tablespoon de-chlorinated water.
- Mix angular pork with alkali and cure #2. Add spices and culture. Mix. Add diced fat and mix all together.
- Stuff durably into 60-90 mm horse or collagen casings authoritative 8-12” (20-30 cm) beeline links, abrupt or angry at both ends.
- Dry sausages for 24 hours at 10-15° C (50-59° F) with abstinent air circulation.
- Apply algid smoke at 10-24° C (50-75° F) for 3 to best 10 days, with about clamminess of 85 to 92%, application oak, beech or admixture of both woods. Smoker does not accept to be connected as continued as low temperature is maintained. Algid smoker is dehydration with smoke. Beverage takes abode during the smoker step.
- When no added smoke is activated (smoke prevents advance of mold) the sausages are sprayed with Penicillium nalgiovense cast growing culture. The temperature is maintained at 10-24° C (50-75° F), 85% clamminess for about 10-12 days.
- When the sausages are absolutely covered with white, grey, or white chicken mold, they are manually brushed what creates a bigger attending and facilitates drying. Again the sausages are dried/matured at 10-15° C (50-59° F) for about 60 days. As the dehydration continues the clamminess is lowered.
- Store sausages at 10-12° C (50°-55 F), 60-70% humidity.