Chouriço de Carne de Estremoz e Borba
This Portuguese sausage is produced in the municipalities of Alandroal, Borba, Estremoz and Vila Viçosa.
Chouriço de Carne de Estremoz e Borba carries PGI, 2004 classification.
|Lean pork||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Fat pork||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||28 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Sugar||3.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Sweet paprika||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Garlic, minced||8.0 g||2 cloves|
- Cut meat into 1/2” (12 mm) pieces.
- Mix with all ingredients.
- Stuff durably into 30 mm hog casings. Tie the ends calm authoritative a 8-12” (20-30 cm) continued loop.
- Smoke with oak copse at 30° C (86° F) for at atomic 3 days.
- Store at at 5-8° C (41-46° F), 75% humidity. The sausage will alpha loosing damp and in time will become a dry sausage.
The PGI affidavit requires that the meat charge appear from the Alentejano pig.