Chouriça de Carne de Melgaço
Chouriça is a portuguese dry sausage agnate to the added accepted Spanish chorizo. Chouriça is actual garlicky, red-brown with paprika, and awash in links about 10 inches continued and 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
Chouriça de Carne de Melgaço carries PGI, 2015 classification.
|Pork shoulder||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Pork aback fat, adamantine trimmings or belly||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||30 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #2||5.0 g||1 tsp|
|Pimentón (smoked Spanish paprika), sweet||10 g||3 tsp|
|Onion powder||3.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic powder||5.0||1 tsp|
|Bay leaf, crushed||1 leaf|
|White wine||30 ml||1 fl oz|
- Grind meat through 5/16” (8 mm) plate.
- Grind fat through 5/16” (8 mm) plate.
- Mix meat, fat and all capacity together. Abode the admixture for a anniversary in a refrigerator or a air-conditioned abode area temperature will not beat 11 ° C (52º F). Awning the alembic and activity the admixture alert a day.
- Stuff durably into baby bore (
- Apply a attenuate algid smoke at 18º C (64º F) for 15 canicule application adamantine copse chips.
- Dry at 16 → 12º C (60-54º F), 85 → 80% clamminess for 21 days. The sausage is broiled until about 30% in weight is lost.
- Store sausages at 10-15º C (50-59º F),