Salami-Hungarian-Traditional (Salami węgierskie)
Although this bologna carries a Hungarian name, it has been consistently fabricated in Poland and ability as able-bodied be advised a bounded product. The afterward is the official Brightness Government compound for authoritative acceptable bologna that comes from 1956 archives.
|Pork||800 g||1.76 lb|
|Pork aback fat||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||28 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #2||5.0 g||1 tsp|
|Pepper||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Paprika||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Sugar||2.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic||3.5 g||1 clove|
- Curing: cut meat into 3-4” (10 cm) pieces and abode in a hardly aloft alembic with holes in the basal to acquiesce for clarification of liquid. Leave for 24 hours at 1-2° C (33-35° F), again bullwork with ¾” bowl and leave for added 2-3 days. During that aeon about-face meat about 1-2 times. Leave bedding of unsalted aback fat for 2-3 canicule at -2° C (28° F) to - 4° C (24° F) and again dice into 1/8” 3 mm cubes.
- Mix meat, aback fat, salt, nitrite and spices together. Bullwork through 1/8” (3 mm) plate. Leave the sausage accumulation for 36-48 hours at 2-4° C (35-40° F).
- Stuff durably into 55-60 mm beef middles. Accomplish links 16-18” long. Applique up with twine: already lengthwise and every 4-5 cm (1.5-2”) across. The ends angry up with a twine, 10-12 cm (4-5”) blind bend on one end.
- Hang for 2-4 canicule at 2-4° C (35-40° F), 85-90% humidity.
- Apply a attenuate algid smoke 16-18° C (60-64° F) for 5-7 days, until aphotic red blush is obtained.
- Dry in a dark, agilely aerial breadth at 10-12° C (50-53° F), clamminess 90%, for 2 weeks until bologna develops white, dry cast on outside. If blooming cast appears clean it off and move the sausage for 4-5 hours to a drier place. Again it can go aback to the aboriginal allowance for drying.
- Place covered with white cast sausages for 2-3 months in a aphotic and agilely aerial breadth at 12-15° C (54-59° F), 75-85% humidity, until 63% crop is obtained.