Pafitiko Loukaniko additionally accepted as Paphos sausage is produced in the Paphos arena in Cyprus. Pafitiko Loukaniko carries PGI, 2015 classification.
|Semi-fat pork||1000 g||2.2 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt, coarse||28 g||4-1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Coriander||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cinnamon||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Ginger||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Dry red wine from bounded Mavro grapes||120 ml||1/2 cup|
- Grind pork through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Marinate arena pork with alkali and the bounded red wine for 4 days.
- Drain any balance of wine, add spices and mix all together.
- Stuff into 32 mm hog casings and anatomy 3-7 sausage links in anniversary after section.
- Dry sausages at 12 -15º C (53-59º F), low clamminess for 30 days.
The sausages can be eaten at any time by frying or assay them. They are generally eaten with bread, cucumber and tomatoes. Traditionally fabricated sausages were sun-dried.