Morr sausage is a Norwegian bologna which is apparently one of the oldest candy aliment articles in Norway. Morr sausage has, like added sausages , apparently been fabricated in Norway anytime back the Viking era.Traditionally morr sausage was fabricated from tripe, usually from sheep and bits meat such as heart, lungs, kidneys, tongue, stomach, esophagus and colon. These were chopped or arena together, spiced and blimp into the beastly gut. Again the sausages were afraid in a air-conditioned abode generally for several months. The alcove had to be occassionally acrimonious by afire copse so the sausages were algid smoked as well.
|Pork, sheep, goat, agrarian game, (70% lean/30% fat)||1000 g||2.2 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||28 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #2||3.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Caraway||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Juniper berries, dry and crushed||2 berries||2|
|T-SPX culture||0.12 g||use scale|
- Grind angular meat through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Dice fat into 1/4” (6 mm) cubes.
- 30 account afore bond deliquesce amateur ability in 1 tablespoon de-chlorinated water.
- Mix angular pork with alkali and cure #2. Add spices and culture. Mix. Add diced fat and mix all together.
- Stuff durably into 40 mm accustomed casings authoritative 8” (20 cm) links.
- Ferment at 20º C (68º F) for 72 hours, 90-85% humidity.
- Apply a attenuate algid smoke at 18° C (64° F), 65-75% clamminess for 2 days.
- Dry at 15→12° C (59→53° F), 65-75% clamminess for 30 days.
- Store at 10-12° C (50°-55 F), 75% humidity.