Lamb Sausage (Баранья колбаса)
Russian dry sausage. Sheep sausages were fabricated with sheep appendage fat not alone in Russia, but in added countries as well, for archetype Turkish “sojouk.”
|Lean beef||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Lamb meat affluent in affiliation tissue||750 g||1.65 lb|
|Sheep appendage fat or added sheep fat||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||30 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #1||5 g||1 tsp|
|Sugar||2 g||1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper||1 g||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic||2 g||1/2 clove|
- Curing meat: cut meat into 1 inch (25 mm) pieces. Dice fat into 3/16” (4 mm) cubes Abode beef, sheep meat and sheep fat in abstracted aliment brand containers. Mix sheep fat with 3 g (1/2 tsp) salt. Mix sheep meat with 24 g (4 tsp) salt, 3/4 cure #1 and ½ sugar. Mix beef with 3 g (1/2 tsp) salt, ¼ cure #1 and ½ sugar. Appraisal amounts. Backpack deeply to annihilate air and awning with apple-pie cloth. Authority for 72 hours in refrigerator. Abandon any aqueous alkali and abide meat to grinding.
- Grind beef through 1/8” (2 mm) plate. Bullwork sheep meat with 1/8” (2 mm) plate. Dice fat into 3/16” (4 mm) cubes.
- Mix beef with spices. Add pork and mix. Add fat and remix aggregate together. Don’t add any water.
- Stuff sausages durably into 40-55 mm beef middles or coarse casings.
- Hang sausages for 5-7 canicule at 2-4º C (34-40º F).
- Cold smoke for 2-3 canicule at 18-22º C (64-72º F).
- Dry sausages for 5-7 canicule (depending on sausage diameter) at 11-15º C (53-59º F), 80-84 humidity.
- Dry 20-23 canicule added at 10-12º C (50-54º F), 74-78% humidity. Accomplished sausage should absorb 60% of its aboriginal weight.