Salamini Italiani alla Cacciatora
Salamini Italiani alla Cacciatora is a accepted baby sausage additionally accepted as Hunter’s sausage. Hunter’s sausage can additionally be begin in added countries, for archetype German Jadgwurst or Brightness Mysliwska sausage. The sausage owes its name to the attitude that already it was the meal of hunters, who acclimated to backpack it in his bag during the hunting.
Salamini Italiani alla Cacciatora carries PDO, 2001 classification.
|Lean pork, shoulder, leg (ham), loin||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Back fat, jowls, pork belly||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||28 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #2||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic, minced||7.0 g||2 cloves|
|Dextrose||3.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Sugar||3.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Red wine||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|T-SPX culture||0.12 g||use scale|
- Grind angular pork through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Dice fat into 1/4” (6 mm) cubes.
- Soak minced garlic in red wine.
- 30 account afore bond deliquesce amateur ability in 1 tablespoon de-chlorinated water.
- Mix angular pork with alkali and cure #2. Add spices, wine and culture. Mix. Add diced fat and mix all together.
- Stuff durably into 65 mm accustomed casings authoritative 6” (15 cm) links.
- Ferment at 20º C (68º F) for 72 hours, 90-85% humidity.
- Dry at 18-25° C (64-77° F), 65-75% clamminess for 1 week.
- Dry at 15→12° C (59→53° F), 65-75% clamminess for 3-4 weeks.
- Store at 10-12° C (50°-55 F), 75% humidity.