Salami di Felino
Salame di Felino is a authentic pork salame from Felino, a baby boondocks amid in the blooming Baganza valley, the aliment affluent arena about Parma. This dry age-old sausage is accustomed by its asperous shape, one end actuality abate than the other. The bologna is age-old for three months in the aforementioned acute altitude that actualize the apple acclaimed Prosciutto di Parma.
Salami Felino carries PGI, 2013 classification.
|Lean pork (shoulder)||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Pork belly||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Pork aback fat||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||28 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #2||4.0 g||3/4 tsp|
|Pepper||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Peppercorns, whole||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Dextrose||3.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Sugar||2.0 g||1/3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Garlic||3.5 g||1 clove|
|White wine||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Starter culture, T-SPX||0.12 g||use scale|
- Separately, bullwork angular pork and fat through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- 30 account afore bond deliquesce amateur ability in 1 tablespoon de-chlorinated water.
- Mix arena meat with alkali and cure #2.
- Add fat, spices, wine and ability to the admixture and re-mix.
- Stuff into ample pork casings and accomplish 18” (45 cm) sections.
- Ferment at 20º C (68º F) for 72 hours, 90 → 85% humidity.
- Dry for 30 canicule at 15-12º C (59-54º F), 85→75% abbreviating humidity.
- The sausage is broiled until about 30-35% in weight is lost.
- Store sausages at 10-15º C (50-59º F),