Ciauscolo, sometimes additionally spelled ciavuscolo or ciabuscolo is a array of Italian salame archetypal of the Marche region. It is fabricated from the accepted meat cuts: belly, shoulder, ham and loin trimmings. A aerial allotment of bendable fat contributes to accord it its about buttery consistency.
Ciauscolo carries PGI, 2009 classification.
|Pork belly||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Pork shoulder||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Ham and loin trimmings||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||30 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #2||2.5 g||½ tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Dextrose (glucose)||2.0 g||½ tsp|
|Garlic, cautiously diced||3.0 g||1 tsp|
|Juniper berries||2 berries||2|
|Vino cotto or red wine||20 ml||4 tsp|
- Grind angular meat through 1/4” (5 mm) plate, again bullwork it alert through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Cut pork abdomen into 1” (25 mm) cubes and partially freeze.
- Grind pork abdomen with 1/8” (3 mm) plate, partially refreeze and bullwork again. Authority in refrigerator until needed.
- Crush juniper berries and bullwork them in aroma mill.
- Mix angular meat with all capacity until sticky.
- Add arena abdomen and mix all again.
- Stuff into beef middles or ample bore hog casings (45 - 100 mm), 6 - 18” (15 - 45 cm) long.
- Apply a attenuate algid smoke at 15-18° C (59-64° F) for 2-3 days.
- Dry sausages for 30 - 45 canicule (depending on diameter) at 12-15° C (53 - 59°- F), 65-80% humidity.
- Store at 10-12° C (50-53° F), 65-70% humidity.
Ciauscolo’ is not broken but is ‘spread’ on bread.