Hungarian Szegedi Téliszalámi
Hungarian Szegedi szalámi or Szegedi téliszalámi has been produced for over 140 years in Szeged, area alike today absolute architect uses the aforementioned bounded methods as in the past.The adjacent river Tisza creates a microclimate ensuring the assembly of a bologna with altered characteristics to agnate products.
Szegedi Bologna carries PDO, 2007 classification.
|Pork meat: leg, shoulder, loin||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Back fat, jowl or adamantine fat trimmings||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||30 g||5 tsp|
|Cure # 2||5.0 g||1 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Sweet paprika||10 g||3 tsp|
|Allspice, ground||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
- Meat is manually boned, which enables the absolute abatement of sinews, gristle and affiliation tissue.
- Cut the meat into 1/8” (3 mm) pieces.
- Cut fat into 1/8” (3 mm) pieces.
- Mix angular meat with all ingredients. Add fat and remix.
- Stuff into 65 mm coarse casings basic 6-22” (15-54 cm) continued links.
- Apply a attenuate algid smoke at 12° C (54° F) for 12-14 canicule application beech wood. Algid smoker is not a connected process, it can be disconnected often, however, the temperature of 12° C shoud be maintained. You are dehydration the meat with smoke.
- Place sausages in a fermenting/drying allowance at 16° C (60° F), 86-90% clamminess to admittance the advance of mold. The dehydration action continues for 2-3 months depending on the bore (not the length) of the sausage at 60-90% humidity. The absolute assembly time from bushing the sausages is at atomic 90 days.