The Feldgieker, additionally accepted Feldkieker, a blazon of German bologna was already accepted in 1488 in the Hessian Büraberg abreast Fritzlar. In 1844, a abounding description of the "Feldkyker" (field watcher) was given: "Feldkyker " is a continued Schlackwurst (sausage) in a blubbery accustomed case which may accept acquired its name from the actuality that back it – the continued array – is placed in a trouser abridged or hunting bag it sticks out of the abridged or bag and looks into the field. The abject end is alleged the Feldkyke which at the thickest end is fabricated of civil (Die goldene Mark Duderstadt, Carl Hellrung, 1844).
|Lean pork||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Back fat||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||28 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #2||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Dextrose||2.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Sugar||2.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Caraway, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|T-SPX culture||0.12 g||use scale|
- Grind pork through 5 mm (1/4") plate.
- Grind aback fat through 5 mm (1/4") plate.
- Mix meat, fat and all capacity together.
- Stuff into 55 mm pork or beef middles basic loops.
- Ferment at 20° C (68° F), 95 → 85% clamminess for 3 days.
- Cold smoke at 18° C (64° F) for 24 hours.
- Dry at 14 → 12° C (58 → 53° F), 85 → 75% clamminess for 5 weeks.
- Store at 10-12° C (50-53° F),