Chorizo de Pamplona
Chorizo de Pamplona is a ample dry sausage which is actual accepted not alone in Navarra arena of Spain area it originates from, but everywhere abroad in Europe as able-bodied as in the USA. It is a ample bore (min 40 mm), beeline sausage, about 30-40 cm (12-15”) continued so in its dry anatomy it weighs about 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs). The sausage is fabricated with pork and beef, or pork alone (80/20 lean/fat). In aberration to added chorizos meats in Chorizo de Pamplona are cautiously ground.
|Pork||450 g||0.99 lb|
|Beef||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Back fat||350 g||0.77 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||28 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Dextrose||3.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pimentón, sweet||25 g||4 Tbsp|
|Pimentón, hot||5.0 g||2 tsp|
|Garlic||3.5 g||1 clove|
- Grind pork and beef through 3 mm (1/8”) plate.
- Dice partially arctic aback fat 3-5 mm (1/8-1/4”) cubes.
- Mix arena meats with all spices. Add arena fat and mix all together. Authority for 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Stuff into 55-80 mm accustomed or bogus absorbent (allowing liquids or gases to canyon through) casings. Accomplish beeline links ~20 cm (8") long. Prick with aggravate to abolish air.
- Dry/ferment sausages at 22-24º C (72-75º F) for 48 hours.
- Dry for 45-60 canicule at 15→12° C (59→53° F), 65-85% humidity. You can administer old smoke (
- Store sausages at 10-12º C (50-53º F), 65-70% clamminess or refrigerate.
Cold smoker is not required, it is usually alien back the temperatures are bottomward beneath 12° C (53° F).