German spreadable sausage. The sausage that gets its name from a boondocks in Germany alleged Braunschweig.
|Beef||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork butt||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork belly, jowls||400 g||0.88 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||23 g||4 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Dextrose||1.0 g||1/4 tsp|
|Sugar||1.0 g||1/4 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Paprika||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Juniper extract*||2.0 g||1/2 tsp|
- Grind all meats through 3 mm (1/8") plate. Re-freeze meats and bullwork again. You may bullwork already and again emulsify in the aliment processor after abacus water.
- Add all capacity during this step.
- Stuff durably into 40-60 mm beef middles or coarse casings. Anatomy 8-10” (20-25 cm) links.
- Ferment for 24 hours at 18º C (64º F), 75-80% humidity.
- Cold smoke at 18º C (64º F) for 12 hours.
* admit 20 g of ashamed juniper berries into 120 ml (½ cup) vodka or cognac and leave in a bankrupt jar for 2-3 days. Clarify the aqueous from berries.