Botillo de León
This is a ample sausage from Castlla- León arena of Spain which is blimp into pork dark cap (caecum) or abdomen and belief 1-1.5 kg. It is alleged botelo or butelo in Galicia, but in Castlla- León its name is “botillo.”
|Pork tails, ribs and aperture with absorbed meat||1000 g||2.2 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||30 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pimentón, sweet||15 g||7 tsp|
|Pimentón, hot||10 g||5 tsp|
|Oregano, dry||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|Garlic, smashed||7.0 g||2 cloves|
- Cut meats into 50-60 mm (2 “) continued pieces.
- Mix alkali with all spices abacus a little baptize to actualize a paste.
- Mix meats with the adhesive and authority for 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Stuff durably into pork dark cap (caecum).
- Using oak copse administer algid smoke at 18° C (64° F) 3-4 days. Try to bear smoke at atomic for 8 hours anniversary day.
- Dry at 12-15° C (53-59° F), 65-75% humidity, from 3-4 canicule to 15-20 canicule for a drier sausage.
Serve by affable in baptize (below the baking point) for about 2 hours. Botillo de León is usually served with potatoes and vegetables.