The name Berliner Knacker additionally accepted as Berliner Knackwurst allegedly was invented in the 16th aeon afterwards the crackling babble back chewing the sausage. This compound is for brewed sliceable knacker, however, they are sausage knackers that accord to above sausages (Brühwurst) group.
|Lean pork, no affiliation tissue||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork abdomen (max 50% arresting fat)||500 g||1.10 lb|
|Beef, little fat, some affiliation tissue||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||22 g||3.5 tsp|
|Cure #2||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Dextrose||2.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Mustard seed, ground||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|T-SPX culture||0.12 g||use scale|
- Grind beef through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Grind pork through 5 mm (1/4") plate.
- Grind pork abdomen through 5 mm (1/4") plate.
- Mix all meats with capacity together.
- Stuff into 32 mm pork casings.
- Hold at 18-20º C (64-68º F), 90-85% clamminess for 96 hours.
- Smoke at 18º C (64º F) for 24 hours.
- Dry at 15→12º C (58 →53º F), 80-75% clamminess for 3 weeks - until the sausage looses 33% of its aboriginal weight.
- Store at 10-12º C (50-53º F),