The “Baranja kulen” is a ample fermented-dry sausage produced in the Baranja in the northeastern allotment of Croatia. Baranjski Kulen carries PGI, 2015 classification.
|Lean pork (legs, loin)||800 g||1.76 lb|
|Semi-fat pork (shoulder)||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||28 g||5 tsp|
|Cure #2||5.0 g||1 tsp|
|Dextrose||2.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Sugar||2.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Paprika, sweet||5.0 g||2 tsp|
|Paprika, hot||5.0 g||2 tsp|
|Garlic||7.0 g||2 cloves|
|Red wine||15 ml||1 oz fl|
|T-SPX culture||0.12 g||use scale|
- Grind meat through 5/16” (8 mm) plate.
- 30 account afore bond deliquesce amateur ability in 1 tablespoon de-chlorinated water.
- Mix angular pork with alkali and cure #2. Add spices and wine. Lastly, add ability and mix all together.
- Stuff deeply into pork caecum, arrest or bladder.
- Ferment at 20º C (68º F) for 72 hours, 90-85% humidity.
- Apply a attenuate algid smoke at 18° C (64° F) for 2-3 weeks application oak, beech or admixture of both. Advance aerial humidity. Smoker does not accept to be connected as continued as a low temperature is maintained. Algid smoker is dehydration with smoke.
- Dry at 15→12° C (59→53° F), 80-75% clamminess for 6 weeks.
- Dry at 10-12° C (50°-55 F), 75% clamminess for 10 weeks.
- Store at 10-12° C (50°-55 F), 75% humidity.