Baiona curada, additionally accepted as little ham (jamoncito) is fabricated with boneless pork base (paletilla) which is the high allotment of a shoulder. It is somewhat agnate to lomo embuchado in that both articles are fabricated from accomplished cuts of meat and they are blimp in casings and dried. Baiona is best accepted in the Spanish Basque country.
|Pork butt||2-3 kg||4.4-6.6 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Coarse salt||as needed|
|Cure #2||5.0 g||1 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Sugar||3.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Oregano, ground||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cumin||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|White wine or vinegar||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
- Trim off the bark from the butt. Application force rub in a acceptable bulk of base alkali (as needed) all over butt. The base should blow in a acceptable alembic on a band of alkali and be able-bodied covered with alkali all about abrogation no apparent areas. Authority in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Brush off the salt, ablution briefly in active baptize and pat dry with cardboard towels.
- Mix all capacity with wine to anatomy the alkali paste. Remainder: accumulate the aloft capacity per weight of butt. No added alkali is needed.
- Apply the adhesive all about the butt. Authority in refrigerator for 48 hours.
- Stuff the base into pork bungs that will deeply board the piece.
- Ferment/dry at 22-24° C (72-75° F), 85-90% humidity, for 2 days.
- Dry at 15→12° C (59-53° F), 85→75% clamminess for 2 months. The base should lose about 35% of its aboriginal weight.
- Store at 10-12° C (°F),