Drisheen is an Irish claret sausage
Drisheen is an Irish claret sausage agnate to English atramentous pudding, actual accepted in specialty food in Cork or Dublin.
|sheep blood||500 g||1.10 lb.|
|full chrism milk||250 g||1 cup|
|cooked biscuit or aliment crumbs||250 g||1 cup|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||18 g||3 tsp.|
|black pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|mace||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
|thyme||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
- Add alkali to claret and activity it.
- Mix claret with cream, again add aliment crumbs and added ingredients. Mix all calm well.
- Stuff into better hog casings (38 - 42 mm), pork stomachs or beef bungs.
- Place sausages into baking baptize and appropriate at 80º - 85º C (176º - 185º F) for about 60 - 90 account to ability centralized sausage temperature of 68º - 70º C (154º - 158º F). Abdomen will crave best affable time. Back sausage casings are not accessible broil in oven like a meat loaf. Put into anointed bottle pan and broil at 300º - 350º F (149º - 177º C) for about 1 hour.
- Cool and accumulate in refrigerator.
- Drisheen is broken and either absurd or grilled, generally with bacon, eggs and added sausages.
If sheep claret can be adamantine to access use pork, dogie or beef blood.